About the Job
We are hiring Lead Business Intelligence Engineer at Chennai
Skills: Power BI, Paginated Report Builder, Power BI Service (SaaS), SQL, Data Warehouse, Python, PowerShell
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 6 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Information Technology
Industry: Financial Services
Notice Period – 60 days.
- The Lead BI Engineer will be the point person for the firm’s primary BI Analytics platforms.
- The Lead BI Engineer will define and architect the best practices of a BI infrastructure, coordinate operational design, develop support plans and provide support for applications.
- Manage Power Bl Gateways to keep the dashboards and reports refresh automatically.
- Automate Power BI platform related activities using scripting languages like PowerShell/Python/Shell scripting etc
- Build CI/CD pipeline to check in and migrate Power BI data sets/dashboards/reports between workspaces utilizing Power BI Rest APIs/Power Platform
- Build & Support Power BI platform metrics such as user tracking/logging, usage monitoring, anomalies detection in published data sets and reporting at an enterprise level using Power BI Platform
- Configure Power BI Tenant settings for PBI features such as (workspace settings, Export and sharing settings, Publish to web, Developer settings).
- Manage Power BI Premium capacities for capacity planning and performance management.
- Monitor premium capacities regularly to look for trends that indicate underlying issues.
- Train self-service BI users and support the business in promoting self-service BI and the overall data platform through communications, collateral, and training material.
- Support BI production environment for large scale user base.
- Available on call support for Production issues
- Provide leadership and vision for best usage and practices with regards to Cognos tool set.
- Setting standards and guidelines for BI development.
- Mentor other team members for knowledge transfer
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Experience with developing & managing Business Intelligence solutions, reports leveraging Power BI technologies and tools like Power BI Desktop, Paginated Report Builder & Power BI Service (SaaS)
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge & experience with SQL and good understanding of Data warehousing and Relational database concepts & technologies
- Strong Knowledge of Python & Powershell.
- Experience designing & developing automated solutions in a Distributed computing environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
•Minimum of 6 years of related experience
•Experience with developing & managing Business Intelligence solutions, reports leveraging Power BI technologies and tools like Power BI Desktop, Paginated Report Builder & Power BI Service (SaaS)
•Intermediate/Advanced knowledge & experience with SQL and good understanding of Data warehousing and Relational database concepts & technologies
•Strong Knowledge of Python & PowerShell.
•Experience designing & developing automated solutions in a Distributed computing environment.
•Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.