Position/Titile Name: Greens Keepar, Golf Course
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania, East Africa.
Is African Experience is must: Can be given Preference.
Area of operations: Must be worked in any COASTAL AREA Golf course & handing a field area of more than 9 holes property, experience in golfing regulations and standards and USGA regulations.
Team Management role or not. : Yes.
Reporting to: General Manager.
Prepares and maintains golf course greens, fairways, and other golf course surfaces as required, ensuring compliance with all golfing regulations and standards. Sets course tee and cup placements, installs and repairs irrigation systems, and operates and maintains greenskeeping equipment.
Education : certification in areas such as landscape design, horticulture, or arboriculture,
Work Experience : 5-10 Years of experience in Handling Golf Course
1. Sets golf courses to include cutting cups, setting tees, repairing greens, raking bunkers, and
mowing greens and fairways.
2. Maintains golf course, including bunkers, greens, driving range, and tee boxes; mows bunker
faces; prunes trees; performs pest control.
3. Excellent knowledge of John Deere Golf Cart & Irrigation system handling & Maintenance.
4. Installs, maintains, and repairs of irrigation systems.
5. Performs or oversees performance of golf cart maintenance.
6. Assists in special construction projects as required.
7. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes
continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Ability to install, operate, troubleshoot and repair manual and/or computerized irrigation systems.
Knowledge of USGA regulations regarding course settings.
Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
Knowledge of fertilizer and/or pesticide applications.
Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Knowledge of golf course maintenance activities to include placement of tees and pins, irrigation techniques, and turf care. (Preferably in Coastal Areas)