Roles & Responsibility -
Purpose of the Relay Trainer position
The role of the P&C trainer is to provide training to in-house employees in testing and commissioning of protection and control systems. The P&C trainer must be able to articulate complex theory and practical methodology to inexperienced technicians and engineers. The P&C trainer should be familiar with relevant standards and best practices.
Explain complex math principles.
Explain calculations in both polar & cartesian coordinate systems. Explain how to use program testing software to automate calculations.
Explain Symmetrical components and how they relate to different fault types.
Explain differential relaying math. Show and explain the derivation of formulas for different relay manufacturers to be used in testing.
Explain the math of drawing impedance circles and other shapes.
Explain relaying concepts.
Explain principles of overcurrent protection.
Explain zones of protection.
Explain the use of impedance to determine fault location.
Explain use of differential schemes.
Teach conformance and compliance with industry and customer standards
Teach programming of test plans with Doble Protection Suite.
Teach layout of the software.
Teach how to automate test plans from provided settings.
Teach best practices for proper documentation.
Assist in revising lesson plans to keep up to date with the newest standards and devices.
Coordinate the use of training aides.
Evaluate student progress and skills.
Required Candidate profile
. 5-7 years of trainer experience in Substation Protection-Power System Protection in various fields like Distribution, and transmission Systems.
2. Knowledge and hand-on experience of Substation Numerical Relays, Multifunction Meters, Battery Chargers, Transformer Protection, Protection-Power systems, Configuration preparation of Numerical IED (SIEMENS, ABB, GE, Schneider.), Control & protection panel testing,
3. Troubleshooting/resolution of Relay schematic errors & rectification.
4. Preferably from a Power Distribution Company, System Integrator, or OEM in Power Automation.
5. FAT and SAT experience, Good communication skills.
6. Good acquisitive skills for other supporting activities protection relay training.
7. Protocols Worked on: IEC-101, IEC-104, Modbus-TCP/IP, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet/IP, SNMP, FTP, IEC-61850.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred, but not required.
5+ years of experience in testing, design, and/or commissioning
Must have testing experience
Must be knowledgeable of Human Performance Error Elimination Principals
Must be thoroughly familiar with Numerical Relays/IEDs (SIEMENS, ABB, GE, Schneider,SEL,GE.)
Must be competent in using SEL AcSELerator and GE – Enervista, experience on protection relays configuration & testing. Having hands-on experience in DIGSI-4, DIGSI-5, and Reydisp Manager software, PCM.
Knowledgeable of IEC 61850, preferred
Experienced with programming and troubleshooting various SCADA controllers, preferred
Preferred candidate - The candidate should have Ten or above Ten Years of Experience in Relays Testing & Commissioning. The candidate will be preferred from Mumbai and Navi Mumbai locations.
· Designation: Sr. Executive Trainer
· No of Vacancies: 7 + (In Protection Relays)
· Qualification: Compulsory (B.E. Electrical)
· Branch: Navi Mumbai Kamothe (Head Office)
· Salary Package (Monthly Gross) - Upto - 45k * will also depend on the interview and technical round *
· Male/Female: Only Males
· Job Location: Navi Mumbai Kamothe
· In-house/site work: No Site Job
· Fresher/Experience: Experience (7 +)
· Bond: No Bond
Relocate - If the Candidate is willing to relocate can also apply ( * IF WILLING TO RELOCATE * )