Implementing, upgrading and maintaining Backup & Archive infrastructure across Merck organization, including the delivery and documentation of the ITSM processes like Capacity and availability management, Performance management, life-cycle management, patch and vulnerability management, Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability, Security and hardening, Audit & Compliance, etc.
* Accountable for ensuring that appropriate design, planning and operations implementation takes place for all new and existing services.
* Provide technical leadership and hands-on support as designs are built.
* Alongside standard backup engineer duties, this opportunity will see you recommend, innovative and where possible, automated approaches for infrastructure tasks.
* Work with stakeholders and customers to understand backup utilization, lifecycle, protection requirements and develop these into effective and workable solutions and processes.
* Lead the triage and resolution of escalated, complex incidents, problems or capacity concerns.
* As the company operates a 24x7 service, this role will require support out of office hours for emergency support, routine maintenance, as well as customer services opening hours.
* Travel may also be required within country and across the globe
*Who you are:*
* 5+ Years prior experience in providing architect/subject matter expertise
* 10+ Years prior experience in a 3rd Line support position
* Comprehensive and expert knowledge of backup and archive architecture and its hardware / software products.
* Expert knowledge in Commvault technology ideally also knowledge in NetApp and/or IBM Spectrum Protect backup solutions
* Solid industry experience of software (and ideally hardware) architecture, including, databases, clustering and load balancing, distributed file-systems, storage, virtualization, architecture and design patterns
* Thoroughly familiar with current Quality & GxP IT compliance requirements
* Extensive project management and delivery
* Solution design and presentation to stakeholders
* Extensive experience of design leadership - ideally with enterprise systems
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience at creating technical presentations/articles/papers
* The ability to communicate and build relationships with technical teams
* ITIL expert