· Responsible and accountable for the overall performance of the Operating Theatre.
· Provide leadership, staff development mentoring and resource management in the daily nursing operations of Operation Theatre.
· Work closely with Senior management, HODS and Doctors to ensure a high standard of nursing care.
· Ensure OT nursing clinical quality standards and practices are compiled, maintained and evaluated when necessary.
· Responsible to schedule surgeries and allocation of OT slots.
· Arrange for prosthesis and implants in co-ordination with store and external suppliers.
· Co-ordinate with biomedical department for in-house maintenance, AMC & CMC of equipments
· Responsible for the day to day functioning of Operation theatre.
· Regularly oversee Inventory and monitor the functioning of the OT stores.
· As per OT requirement prepare duty rota for OT staffs and ensure there is no shortage at any time.
· Prepare monthly report of OT utilization.
· Monitor pre-operative and post -operative care of patients.
· Ensure effective implementation of Infection control policies in Operation Theatre.
· Monitor cleaning protocol and make corrective actions when required.
· Maintain strict aseptic discipline in the Operation Theatre.
· Carbolizing the operation theatre before and after surgery, collection of air culture and sensitivity.
· Responsible for the maintenance of all CSSD equipment in good condition to ensure uninterrupted services to all the areas of the Hospital.
· Supervise sterilization cycle achieved or not by monitoring biological indicators.
· Monitor all registers & all record pertaining to CSSD.
· Follow all NABH & ISO and other Accreditation protocols.