As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be working on product development and be at the forefront of helping Josh Talks reach every corner of India. In this role, you will work through all facets of application development: design, prototype, implementation, testing and documentation.
- Design, Develop and Maintain a scalable backend for our Josh Skills Mobile Application.
- Design clean, elegant and extensible APIs.
- Optimise all possible processes to save time, money and resources.
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with product and different business teams to identify new requirements for the platform.
- Participate in mentoring juniors, design discussion and create detailed design and implementation.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, preferably from IITs/Top RECs.
- Must have at least 2.5 years of experience specifically in Django Web Framework.
- Must have at least 3 years of industrial software development experience in total.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, problem-solving and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Hands-on experience with Container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Network admin experience with Linux and any cloud exposure, like GCP or AWS.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of SOLID Design Principles.
- Familiarity with the latest web development frameworks and tech-stack.
- Strong understanding of REST API framework.
- Strong Experience in relational(Postgres) and NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB).
- Strong fundamentals in Microservice Architecture, Distributed Systems, Concurrency, Clustering, and Multi-threaded systems.
- Understanding of agile development concepts.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience with asynchronous tasks like Celery etc.
- Strong understanding of queuing like RabbitMQ & Redis.
- Ability to multitask.
- Familiarity with the software development process, including specification, quality assurance and documentation.