Speech Therapist Job Description:
We are searching for a flexible, resourceful speech therapist to join our team. The speech therapist's responsibilities include performing Client’s assessments, developing individual treatment plans, liaising family members and other healthcare professionals, administering therapy and monitoring progress, and ensuring clients and their families are informed of new treatments and therapy techniques. You should also be able to work with clients from different backgrounds.
Speech Therapist Responsibilities and duties:
- Assessing, diagnosing, screening, and preventing language, speech, and swallowing disorders.
- Communicating with the patient, and liaising with their family members, physicians, and health care professionals to design effective treatment plans.
- Using tried and tested therapies in combination with new, innovative techniques to provide the best care.
- Keeping up-to-date with advancements in the field by attending conferences, conducting research, and expanding professional and academic networks.
- Educating Client and their families on speech disorders and available therapies.
- Taking detailed notes on Client history and progress.
- Evaluating Client progress and implementing changes to therapy programs as required.
Speech Therapist qualification and skills:
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in speech therapy or speech-language pathology.
- Relevant license and certification.
- Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
- Familiarity with database management software.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to conduct research and travel to conferences.