This job function will be responsible for identifying and executing opportunities to improve our company’s, our client's and our content's search rankings for key terms.
This position requires a highly motivated, self starting mindset and work ethic. Collaborative and able to adaptively implement your skills across variety clients, industries and verticals. You should be able to develop a solid on-page SEO strategy from scratch, then work with our copywriters and developers to implement through short and long term content marketing campaigns.
The SEO and Content Marketing Specialist should have working knowledge and experience with Inbound Marketing concepts and be well rounded with all digital marketing channels and their interdependencies. The core responsibility will be to expand the digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads of MAGNETIC and our client roster. This role requires creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Manage both on-page SEO and off-page SEO for the company.
- Collaborate with content marketing and blog contributors to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
- Manage and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and major search engines.
- Contribute to blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote your offering and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Grow subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
- Thorough knowledge of search ranking and optimization factors and key algorithm updates.
- Proficiency in web analytics software (Google Analytics) and keyword tools (MOZ, SEM Rush).
- Experience with data-driven SEO analysis and optimization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, common web platforms and marketing automation platforms.