System Software Test Specialist
The position is for skilled test professionals to perform OS System test validation. They will perform stress and scaled scenarios on different versions of AIX/VIOS/Linux and HMC releases on variant of family Power processor releases.
Employees will be working closely with Development and Functional test organization in defining the test planning, scoping the valid scenarios for Line Items/Features. Employees will also work on troubleshooting and debugging customer field issues and incorporating test cases/updating existing test cases to further strengthen the test plan to maintain high product quality and customer satisfaction.
Teamwork is expected to be of the highest quality.
- Operating System Test experience with AIX/Linux (any OS flavor) – Kernel concepts and Internals (Process Management, Memory Management, Virtualization, Scheduling, Networking, Security etc.)
- Knowledge of Testing Processes and Methodologies (Experience in Rational Quality Mgr is a plus)
- Proficient in Python, Shell scripting, Perl (Experience in Django, Pytest, and Robot Test Framework)
- Knowledge of end-to-end Jenkins jobs and management
- Strong UNIX Administration skills (Install/Manage OS, Filesystems/LVM, AIX/Linux Commands, IO, PowerVM functionalities). IBM Power Systems exposure preferred
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices and methodologies including Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD)/Continuous Testing (CT)
- Working experience with Cloud Technologies ( front end and back end), with Docker, Kubernetes exposure preferred
- Ability to handle testing and debugging tasks independently
- Strong team player with good communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Database (Oracle, DB2) administration
- C or Java Programming
- Knowledge/Experience in SAP HANA
- Experience in Rational Quality Manager
- Knowledge of Rational SDLC Tools (RTC, CQ)
- Knowledge of Big Data and Analytics