We are reinventing the future of MLOps. Censius Observability platform enables businesses to gain greater visibility into how their AI makes decisions to understand it better. We enable explanations of predictions, continuous monitoring of drifts, and assessing fairness in the real world. (TLDR — build the best ML monitoring tool)
We believe in constantly iterating and improving our team culture, just like our product. We have found a good balance between async and sync work — default is still Notion docs over meetings, but at the same time, we recognize that as an early-stage startup brainstorming together over calls leads to results faster. If you enjoy taking ownership, moving quickly, and writing docs, you will fit right in.
Our engineering team is growing and we are looking to bring on board a senior devops engineer who can help us transition to the next phase of the company. As we roll out our platform to customers, you will be pivotal in refining our system architecture, ensuring the various tech stacks play well with each other, and smoothing the DevOps process.
On the platform, we use Python (ML-related jobs), Golang (core infrastructure), and NodeJS (user-facing). The platform is 100% cloud-native.
By joining our team, you will get the exposure to working across a swath of modern technologies while building an enterprise-grade ML platform in the most promising area.
- Be the bridge between engineering and product teams. Understand long-term product roadmap and architect a system design that will scale with our plans.
- Take ownership of converting product insights into detailed engineering requirements. Break these down into smaller tasks and work with the team to plan and execute sprints.
- Author high-quality, highly-performance, and unit-tested code running on a distributed environment using containers.
- Continually evaluate and improve DevOps processes for a cloud-native codebase.
- Review PRs, mentor others and proactively take initiatives to improve our team's shipping velocity.
- Leverage your industry experience to champion engineering best practices within the organization.
- 5+ years of industry experience (3+ years in a senior engineering role) preferably with some exposure in leading remote development teams in the past.
- Proven track record building large-scale, high-throughput, low-latency production systems with at least 3+ years working with customers, architecting solutions, and delivering end-to-end products.
- 2+ years of DevOps experience (ECS/Kubernetes/etc., Helm, Terraform/Pulumi, and public cloud APIs)
- Fluency in writing production-grade Go or Python in a microservice architecture with containers/VMs.
- Worked with relational as well as non-relational databases in a production environment.
- (Bonus: worked with big data in data lakes/warehouses).
- (Bonus: built an end-to-end ML pipeline)
- (Bonus: experience in building devops processes in an organization)
- Strong documentation skills. As a remote team, we heavily rely on elaborate documentation for everything we are working on.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and lead others (we have a flat team structure, but the team would rely upon you to make important decisions)
- Strong independent contributor as well as a team player.
- Working knowledge of ML and familiarity with concepts of MLOps
- Competitive Salary 💸
- Work Remotely 🌎
- Health insurance 🏥
- Unlimited Time Off ⏰
- Support for continual learning (free books and online courses) 📚
- Reimbursement for streaming services (think Netflix) 🎥
- Reimbursement for gym or physical activity of your choice 🏋🏽♀️
- Flex hours 💪
- Leveling Up Opportunities 🌱
You will excel in this role if
- You have a product mindset. You understand, care about, and can relate to our customers.
- You take ownership, collaborate, and follow through to the very end.
- You love solving difficult problems, stand your ground, and get what you want from engineers.
- Resonate with our core values of innovation, curiosity, accountability, trust, fun, and social good.