Position Title: Test Lab Technician
Location: Bangalore, India
The Product Test Technician is responsible for precisely performing mechanical, electrical, and environmental tests on door hardware & access control products based on test plans, applicable standards and customer requirements. The Technician will also be responsible for developing and implementing PLC programs for new and existing test equipment and troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical controls. Qualified candidates will be self-motivated and customer focused with strong teamwork skills.
Customers include but are not limited to Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Product Management, and Technical Service.
· Product Testing with an emphasis on electro-mechanical commercial and residential locks
· Test Reporting
· Set-up and PLC Programming of Test Equipment
· Maintenance and upkeep of Laboratory Machines, Fixtures, and Facilities
· Process Improvement
· Collaborate with engineering to support Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
· Interprets Test Plans and Reliability Project Orders with minimal direction from Test Engineers
· Performs product tests correctly, strictly adhering to established Test Methods
· Performs product tests efficiently, according to RPO, test plan, and project schedule
· Formally and comprehensively reports results and stores reports for future reference
· Evaluates compliance of products to industry standards and regulatory requirements via product testing
· Takes proactive approach to safety, assuring procedures and behaviors are safe--both for self and for others in the lab
· Promotes increased lab productivity performing Preventive Maintenance of all Lab Machines to prevent any breakdown of Equipment, Inventory Planning for Lab Tools & Consumables, timely calibration of all lab instruments. Review records for device traceability and compliance.