We are searching for a mid-senior level software engineer with back-end / DevOps experience, to join our founding team of engineers building the DataCo Collaboration Platform. Our front-end is built using Vue with a backend built using Go / Python, all deployed on a modern AWS serverless architecture.
You’re passionate about building great software and want to have more ownership and impact in your role. You will be someone who is self driven, loves learning new things, is comfortable with change, can think outside the box, and is someone that wants to work in a dynamic, fun, fast paced start up environment.
With a passion for building resilient, and scalable infrastructure to support modern web applications, you are looking for an environment where you can learn and grow in a fun, supportive team.
You are a DevOps engineer with experience of AWS infrastructure.
Skills And Experience For Success
● 5+ years experience working in back-end software development, with recent experience with AWS DevOps (preferably cdk)
● Experience with container based deployment leveraging EKS/Kubernetes
● Experience with Typescript/Golang
● Demonstrated experience deploying IAC (Infrastructure as code)
● Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining automation tests (Test Driven Development)
Technologies We Use
● Front-end: TypeScript, Vue, GraphQL, Styled Components
● Backend: Python, Go
● Hosting/Ops: AWS, Docker, DataDog, Cloud Watch
How We Work
● Remote First: We have a fully distributed team across Australia, between Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania, Central Coast and Byron Bay. We have office space available within Sydney and Melbourne if required, and aim to come together once a quarter to work together and plan our ongoing development.
● Early stage start up: We are an early stage start up, so are rapidly evolving our product as we learn about our customers and seek product market fit. However, we are not your everyday startup: spinning out of a major bank brings a level of experience and recognition that is a major competitive advantage.
● Lean founding team: As we grow our business we are committed to remaining as lean as possible. We wear all many hats, and are open minded to perform the tasks required to build a leading business.
● Privacy and data security: privacy is at the heart of our solution, and we take our customers' right to privacy seriously. We are continuously enhancing our practices to achieve this while supporting our products’ deployments across Enterprise and SMB businesses.
● DevOps mindset: We are cloud first, and everything outside local dev is hosted in AWS. Each team is responsible for deployments and monitoring of their own services. All work is managed through GitHub and Monday.com.